Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Taste of Fall


I know I’ve mentioned it before but Fall is one of my favorite seasons.  I love the slight chill in the air that makes you want to wear a sweater and hold onto a hot cup of coffee or cider.  And I love how the colors on the leaves change to reds, yellows and oranges.
It’s one of the things I miss by living in LA as there are hardly season changes and you’re lucky if you may run across a strip of trees that have decided to slightly change colors.  But this is rare.  And to be honest, I’m pretty sure since moving out here over 2 years ago, I don’t remember seeing any trees change significant color....
Until tonight.
I decided to take a different way home tonight and as I was driving I realized I had a smile on my face in admiration of the trees I was passing.  Part of me wanted to stop, take a few pictures and soak in the beauty but there was a part of me that was way too hungry to stop for anything unless it was food. 


And then as I was stopped at a nearby light, I was next to another gorgeous tree.  It may not be as beautiful as the ones I had just driven past but it’s still beautiful.  I’m so grateful for this little taste of fall as it’s the little things in life.  And tonight, it was just what I needed. 
Every Thanksgiving we take time to express our gratitude and thanks for all we have been blessed with in our lives.  But this month, I teamed up with my good friend for the month of November with what we’re calling the #GratefulSeason.  What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment