Friday, November 4, 2011

Fitness Friday


I promise I didn’t forget this post.  But I can’t promise I didn’t keep forgetting it’s Friday all day.  This week has been weird.  I blame being sick; that works, right?
It was definitely one of those weeks where my fitness regime had to take a back seat to my overall health.  It’s hard for me to accept that sometimes but thankfully I was able to force myself to listen to my body and give it the rest it was asking for while still at least keeping up with the runs on my 10k training plan.  I’m not sure if I’ll actually end up being able to run the 10k with all of the health stuff going on, but I’m not willing to break away from the training just yet.  The way I see it, I’m enjoying it and it’s giving me something to work towards so it’s all good and I should just keep going.


With that, here’s what my week looked like:
Saturday 10.29.11
15 mins yoga and stretching 
Sunday 10.30.11
30 mins abs, arms & stretching
2.5 mile/25 min run (35 mins with warm up and cool down)
Monday 10.31.11
Rest - sick
Tuesday 11.1.11
3.5 mile/35 min run (45 mins with warm up and cool down)
20 mins yoga
(I think I did abs too but I didn’t write it down so I can’t actually confirm or deny that statement...)
Wednesday 11.2.11
Rest - sick
Thursday 11.3.11
2.13 mile / 20-25 mins run (33 mins with warm up and cool down)
45 mins arms, abs and stretching
25 mins yoga
Friday 11.4.11
Rest - sick 
(I had thoughts of doing some yoga after work today but when I got home from work shortly before 10pm, I decided I just wanted to climb into bed, write this post, read and get some sleep.  And I say that’s okay.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment