Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sitting outside my door...


I’ll be honest: I was a big cranky girl today.  I woke up, went to the gym and felt great.  I got to work and somehow only a couple hours in and I was losing my grip so fast that I had trouble wheeling myself back in.  A few hugs from friends and another viewing of the Jimmy Kimmel Halloween Candy skit and I had smiles on my face, but for whatever reason it couldn’t bring me back in enough and the cranky mood would return.
I got home from work an hour and a half later than I should and any desire to cook dinner was out the door (thank you popcorn!).  But what was sitting by my door was a box with the brand new shoes I ordered from Finish Line only 2 days ago!  This made me so happy.
I have an early morning tomorrow (3 am wake-up call!) so I pulled out my clothes for tomorrow and sat the shoes by my purse ready for when it’s time to leave.  I’m excited to wear them tomorrow and I hope my feet will be as happy as I hope they’ll be.
Sometimes it’s the little things that can pull us out of even the deepest hole.  And tonight, I couldn’t be more grateful for that.
Aren't these cute? Nike Free - Livestrong!

**After reading my good friend’s blog the other week, she decided that for the month of November, she’s posting something she’s grateful for; something as simple as a picture or quote or possibly something lengthy.  In the month that we come together and share what we’re grateful and thankful for, there seems to be no better way.  And it’s with that that I have decided to join her.  Will you join us? #gratefulseason

No comments:

Post a Comment