Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Grateful Season


I was reading my good friend’s blog this evening and for the month of November, she’s posting something she’s grateful for; something as simple as a picture or quote or possibly something lengthy.  In the month that we come together and share what we’re grateful and thankful for, there seems to be no better way.  And it’s with that that I have decided to join her.  Will you join us? #gratefulseason
I’m having one of those weeks where my body is just not having it.  I spent my day off Monday sick and unable to leave the house but when I felt better yesterday, I assumed I had just eaten something funny.  When I woke up this morning feeling as I did on Monday, I knew it was probably some sort of bug.
I tried to eat breakfast.  Bad idea.
I tried to eat saltines.  Didn’t help.
I tried aloe.  Not sure if it did anything.
I went back to sleep.  It relaxed my racing mind, at least for a moment.
I woke up to texts from a friend from work who is also sick, confirming what would happen if she called out and how that whole system worked.  Meanwhile while I’m confirming she’ll be okay to call out and that she should stay home and rest, she’s telling me the same thing.  She’s pointing out my workaholic tendencies (at least I can admit it!) and threatening to call work for me.


After severe illness and discomfort though my entire body continued, I picked up my phone, called work and let them know I could not make it in.  Immediately upon hanging up, I burst into a wealth of tears.  My body wasn’t happy but at the same time, I had a sense of relief.  I didn’t have to worry anymore about whatever was going on inside me to “pass” so that I could make it to work and what my day would be like if it didn’t.  I was going to be able to go back to sleep and allow myself to just be and relax until I felt better.
J, how is this the most recent picture of the two of us I can find?  And it wasn't even of just us two!

Today I’m grateful for the friends who are inspiring this #gratefulseason, who remind me it’s okay to feel sick, who offer their support, and to swing by my place if needed when I can’t leave.  Thank you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh it is SO OK for you to take time for yourself. Your work is not your worth! Your presence is enough. Show up for yourself first. Take time & feel better. So glad you're joining me this month <3

    ReplyDelete