Monday, November 14, 2011

The Clothing Cycle


I have this agreement with myself that every time I buy myself new clothes, I find some clothes I don’t wear anymore (whether they don’t fit, fit funny or I just don’t like it anymore) to donate to those who are in need.  Remember: one person’s “trash” is another person’s “treasure.”
After my mini Target shopping trip last week, I did a little rummaging through my dresser drawers and found a few long sleeved shirts I haven’t, nor intend to wear.  I’m grateful that I have clothes to put on my back everyday and that I can replace when needed and generally, when I want to.  I understand that not everyone is that lucky and that’s why I set myself to the standard that when I get new clothes, it’s to replace the old stuff that I no longer wear.
At the end of the day, it also gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.


Every Thanksgiving we take time to express our gratitude and thanks for all we have been blessed with in our lives.  But this month, I teamed up with my good friend for the month of November with what we’re calling the #GratefulSeason.  What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment