Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's the little things

I’ve said this numerous times and I’ll say it again. It’s all about the little things.  
It’s the little things that make our days, put smiles on our faces, cheer us up when we’re feeling down.
It’s the little things that make us appreciate life, make us laugh, and fill us with happiness.
As I mentioned this morning, I had a bit of a rough start to my day but it turned around.  Here are the little things that made my day:
-yoga
-spending time with a good friend (she came with me to yoga + car ride chat time)
-a quick trip to the gym to lift a few weights and do some light cardio
-a trip to the grocery store to stock up on a lot of delicious, healthy foods
-a large juicy and delicious Fuji apple
-having the locks on my door fixed / new keys that actually work
-making a delicious and healthy stir fry dinner in 5 minutes (thank you to TJ’s pre-cut fresh Asian stir fry veggie medley)
-homemade Vegan pumpkin bread
-listening to John Mayer, relaxing on my couch, sitting with my feet up - all while I blog
-delay brew on my coffee pot
It’s the little things people.  It’s all about the little things.
Various stir fry veggies, tempeh, rice on a bed of spinach topped with a few peanuts


I’m not vegan but lately my diet has been mostly vegan.  Since I’m lactose intolerant, my diet generally lingers on the line of vegetarian vs vegan but since I still eat seafood and eggs (usually only when baked into something), I’m clearly not a vegan.  But I realized that since I’ve become obsessed with tempeh, I haven’t really been eating seafood.  And the last few times I did, I wasn’t feeling it and I felt nauseous (probably a sign my body hasn’t had it in awhile).  But since I don’t generally have eggs in my apartment and I had some pumpkin I wanted to use up, I decided a vegan pumpkin bread would be perfect.  And boy was it!  This recipe was my inspiration, though I changed a few things:
  • I replaced 1/2 the regular flour with oats
  • I didn’t have allspice or cloves so I didn’t include those and instead sprinkled in a bit more cinnamon and nutmeg
  • I replaced the maple syrup with agave sweetener 
  • I didn’t have chopped walnuts or pepitas and forgot to include almonds so there’s no nuts
Foodie For a Day x2! 

This is delicious! It tastes more like I’m eating cake than bread (that’s probably due to the oil...there’s more than I would have liked) but since there’s pumpkin, oats and whole wheat flour, I don’t feel too bad.  Plus it’s delicious and desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment