Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 3: Rest & Restore

In every sense of the word - restorative.


Don't get me wrong, this was still a good class and I expected it to be slower but my mind had trouble slowing down enough for it.  And just as I was finally getting to the point that I was letting go of everything and loosening up my muscles, the 90 minute class was ending.


...say what?!


Oh well, not every class will be perfect and I still enjoyed myself.  At one point, we were in a side stretch and the instructor came around and I got a light massage of my shoulders and boy were my shoulders tight.  You could feel all the tension I hold in my upper body, neck and shoulders.  She moved my arms around to try and loosen up my shoulders and allow them to relax.  But it made me realize, I think I need to get another massage and get some more of this tension and stress released from my body.


But while we were in Viparita Karani (legs up wall), I was definitely in a zone.  So much so that when we had the options to move from the pose into Savasana, I chose to stay and spend the remainder of my time in this pose.  I may begin doing this at home on occasion when I need a release and to relax.  Mmmm....





No comments:

Post a Comment