Saturday, May 14, 2011

Research

That’s exactly what I need to do: Research.
Unfortunately, at the initial thought of it, I go into panic mode and don’t know where to start.  I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately.  Allowing my mind to be in the moment and take the thoughts as they come up, whatever comes up.  I’ve shared the thoughts running through my head and have received quite the varying reactions, but all very passionate responses.  Some people are passionate that I should move forward with those thoughts, some passionate that I’d be crazy to think about anything else, others passionate in the belief I must do/be whatever will make me happy.  It’s very interesting the reactions I get and from the people I get them from.  Ultimately, I know it’s because they all believe in me and my abilities to be successful.
But really, what this all brings me to is a question of how can I combine all the passions that I have in my life into one career?  Or how do I find a way to do all of them, while helping others?  Because it has become clear to me that doing just one thing, won’t make me happy.  It’s clear to me that I want to do something that allows me to be my own boss.  I know I want to do something that allows me to share my passion with the world.  But I don’t want to share just one.  I don’t want to throw my eggs all in one basket because I’ve seen where that gets me.  But I also know that I can’t do something unless I’m passionate about it.  If I believe in what I’m doing, if I get truly excited about what I’m doing, it’s the easiest thing to do.  And then, even when it gets tough, I enjoy the challenge and the journey.  It becomes fun.
So what does this mean?  It means there’s research ahead of me.  And I have no idea where to start.  Or where to go.  So for now, I’m trying to just be and breathe through it.  I’ll go into my inner self and just breathe.  At some point I’ll find an answer, but for now, I need to brainstorm and figure out a starting point.  And breathe.  I anticipate a lot of breathing.


No comments:

Post a Comment