Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Forks Over Knives

With today being a “foodie” day, I figured it’s also a good day to share the trailer for “Forks Over Knives.”  I haven’t seen the full length feature and I’ll admit part of me is afraid, while another part is highly intrigued.
I’ve been vegetarian since I was 15 (9 years ago...wow! I feel old again), and I’ve never once regretted my decision.  For anyone curious, I stopped eating meat because I didn’t like how it tasted, so it seemed silly to keep eating it when there were plenty of other delicious foods out there.  As with every (or at least most) new vegetarians, I went through my phases of eating poorly and trying to figure out what I should be eating as a vegetarian to stay healthy.  And I also went through the phase of college where I ate the same things all the time because the vegetarian options in the “Caf” seemed unappealing and like reheated left-overs everyday.  I ate a lot of bagels, grilled cheese, pasta and tuna wraps.  Clearly from that you can tell I still eat seafood (it’s pretty delicious so it’s stayed).
After living on my own in a place where I could make my own meals, I began eating healthier.  I still struggled with the tight budget I was living (and still do) live under, but I’ve spent years now working to find healthy convenient alternatives while still allowing myself some of my favorite comfort foods (like Kraft 3-Cheese Mac & Cheese).  I’ve also come to the point where I try very hard to eat more “real” food.  When you eat well and know what’s in your food, you feel better about the things you’re putting into your body and the energy that’s coming out of it.
But even the trailer alone for “Forks Over Knives” scared me into being happy I’m a vegetarian and spend every day of my life working hard to live a healthy one.
Consider yourself warned.



No comments:

Post a Comment