Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Just Want to Write


I’m staring at a wall of lockers but all that I really want to do is write.  You may not really believe it but this is a realization for me.
Not the locker staring; that’s just the reality of writing while on my break at work.  But that I really just want to write.
I started this blog just over a year ago and you may or may not remember why:
I start this blog for many reasons, but most important of them all, is the release that putting words to a page can have on a person.  I often choose to release myself through music and exercise, but words are powerful - they make you laugh, they make you cry, they make you speechless, uncomfortable, happy, excited.  I could go on but I won’t.
Now here I am one year later, still growing, developing and pushing forward through those harder days but with an escape ready and waiting for me when I get home: a place for me to put my words.
Despite the fact that I don’t divulge each and every intricate detail of my life (and let me just tell you, you really don’t want to know all that information!), sometimes the best release is just sitting down and sharing a new recipe or my current favorite song or band of the week.  It’s those little things.
So why does this matter right now?  Why do I bring it up?
Because just under a year ago, I lost the band I put my whole self into and it completely broke my heart.  This has lead to a year of soul searching, healing and acceptance.  That last one is key.  But either way, when I stop and think about what I enjoy doing and would like to do more of (that doesn’t require me going back to school and thus becoming even more broke), it’s writing.  
Now before anyone goes off on me, this isn’t me settling.  This is me saying that I thoroughly love writing.  There’s something freeing about putting words to a page.  
I want to figure out how to do more of it.  No really, I want to write.
I’ll take any suggestions any of you have on how I can do more of it.  And maybe where I can make a career out of it.  Because that would be fun and it would make me happy.  Taking ideas...and...GO!

Source


No comments:

Post a Comment