Thursday, April 28, 2011

Secret Garden

Not everyday is a good day.  This is something I accepted and prepared to deal with a long time ago.  Unfortunately during those off days, it’s often difficult to remember it’s just one day and that things will look brighter when the sun comes up in the morning.  I need to work on remembering that.
I often find myself admitting “it’s not a good day today, that’s okay, tomorrow will be better” but in the moment of said bad days, it feels like it will never end.  Thankfully I have some awesome people in my life who are there for me and try their best to help me feel better.  To those of you who offered up your support, time, love, motivation and inspiration words today, I thank you.  While I still felt like coming home and plopping on my couch (which I did), the fact that there were people around me who wanted to make sure I knew they were there for me and knew how highly they think of me, meant the world to me.  To the people who got shrugged off, ignored, or got doors shut in their face, you deserved it and happened to catch me on the one day I was willing to inform you of it.  Sorry. :)
At least I came home, made myself a “pizza” (garlic + soy mozzarella cheese on whole wheat dough - I found out my pizza sauce went bad but decided it was okay.  I found a fresh can of sauce in the pantry later.  Oh well...)  I ate my dinner while watching The Secret Garden (I’m still on my old school movies stint).  I forgot a lot of parts of that movie.  I’m glad I watched it.  And the silly plot lines and acting always give me a giggle and make me feel nostalgic.  Oh, to be 10 again...


I have the weekend off - well, Friday and Saturday that is.  I’m not exactly sure how that happened but I’m taking it, accepting it and running with it.  I’m hoping my two days off lead to better days than I’ve had.  And if I’m lucky, a trip to the beach on Saturday?!  I don’t know if I’ll have company but the weather is bound to be beautiful and I could use to make an attempt at no longer having see-through legs. (Yes, they are that white!)
For the remainder of my evening, I will be reading and hitting the hay.  I thought about yoga but I’m choosing to pass up the exercise today.  It was probably not the smartest idea knowing the level of crankiness than generally ensues when I don’t get the proper amount of exercise in a week (I need endorphins flowing through my body on a consistent basis), but when the alarm went off at 4:30 this morning, I was not feeling anything but more sleep.
I know my mom is waking up bright and early to make tea and scones for breakfast while she watches the Royal Wedding, though I can’t say I’ll be doing the same.  Apparently it will begin at 1AM PT, which is in approx 3 hours, I’m tired and I have my eyes set on a 7:30AM yoga class tomorrow morning.  I do have to say that if I was back home, I would probably make myself wake up early and help my mom with the scones and watch the wedding with her.  I think if my sister was home, she’d probably consider the same.  Mom - I hope you have fun!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment