Friday, April 1, 2011

Love at first step...

I couldn’t wait to share my excitement!!  After spending my morning on the Mizuno website, I was so excited that I had to drive down to The Starting Line this afternoon.  I had already planned to hit the gym and since it was just a little bit further, I decided to stop there first and hit the gym on the way back.  It was the easiest shopping trip ever and I do think that it was in part to the “research” I did this morning.  The girl that helped me was awesome and I pointed out the shoes I thought I wanted.  I told her I didn’t like the ones I was wearing and she told me they are totally different shoes and based on the needs that I explained to her, she understood and agreed that the Mizunos were definitely the way to go.  She got me my size, I tried them on, I walked around, I bought them and I left.  I was in and out in less than 15 minutes! It was AWESOME!  
I immediately headed to the gym, changed shoes, turned on my iPod and got to it.  I had such an amazing run!  It felt like I had springs under my feet!  I can’t even explain just how significant the difference in the shoes were.  Now I don’t want to totally hate on the Asics because they did get me through the last year without injury, but Mizunos are definitely the shoes for me!  With the Asics being a year old, I know their cushion and support has definitely decreased but I don’t remember such an amazing feeling when I first got them than I did when I put on my shoes today.  I was running on the treadmill trying to hide my smile because each step felt amazing.  
After I lifted weights and stretched, I drove home but as soon as I got home, I went for another run.  My run at the gym was just over 2 miles and I didn’t want to do any distance when I got home (knowing my lungs probably wouldn’t like it) but just because I wanted to feel the difference on the pavement.  Still felt amazing.  My lungs didn’t like my running again; they thought they were done being pushed for the day, but my feet, legs and joints felt like they could keep going.  I just can’t explain enough how happy I am with this purchase.  Look at these beauties: 




No comments:

Post a Comment