Friday, April 29, 2011

30 Day Yoga Challenge - There's No Better Time Than Now!

Well 7:30AM yoga didn’t happen.  I hit the snooze button over and over and decided I deserved to sleep in on my day off, so I did.  I was also starving when I woke up, so the 9:45AM cycling class wasn’t an option either because my body felt like it needed a full breakfast, not just 1/2 a banana with a little peanut butter.  Now, I can’t decide what I want my exercise to be today.  Maybe a run.  Maybe an evening yoga class.  Maybe weights.  Maybe I should get the bike checked out so I can feel like I can ride it all over. Maybe.  Just maybe.  
I don’t really have any plans for my two days off in a row and right now I’m loving that.  I’m loving sitting around my apartment in my PJs with no agenda.  It’s another one of those gorgeous LA days where I want to be outside, but don’t exactly have a destination and I struggle to just go out walking in LA because it’s not that friendly of walking city.  But we’ll see, maybe I’ll go out for a walk later.
I’ve set a few self improvement goals for myself: read more, eat better, breathe more, relax more, surround myself with people who love and support me, create and abide by a realistic budget, think clearer and be open.
Some of these things may seem relatively easy or like things I already do, but they are all areas of my life that I feel like need improvement at times.  I do eat healthy but I also generally find myself skipping dinner or eating a bowl of cereal or something not the greatest for my body (usually because I’m too tired to cook).
After watching Eat, Pray, Love the other week, I really want to read the book!  I also want to focus more attention on yoga and meditation because I know the benefits it can bring to your life - I feel the relaxation with the little bit I do now.  I’m thinking about a 30 Day Yoga Challenge.  I have a 1 month unlimited yoga pass to The Yoga Collective in Santa Monica, so what better time to take on the challenge (Plus, I got a deal on it so it’s a $150+ unlimited month - it was $30!).  You never quite see the full benefits of something unless you make a daily habit of it.  I think this would be great for my body, mind and emotional state of being.
Would you like to join me?  You don’t have to be in LA to join me.  You don’t have to go to the same studio to join me.  You don’t have to go to a studio to join me.  All you have to do is commit to doing 30 days of yoga however you can - whether it be 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 mins, in a studio, in the comfort of your own home, whatever.  It’s okay to be afraid.  It’s okay to feel overwhelmed.  It’s going to be a major task, but I’m committing to 30 days of yoga.  I’m committing to doing something for myself for the next 30 days.  I’m committing to the improvement of myself for the next 30 days.  And if you’re willing, able and interested, I want you to join me.  I’m committing to each of you out there that I am going to do this.  We are going to do this.  
If you want to commit publicly, privately, have questions or need support, you can email me at kt.talkless.saymore @ gmail . com (you know, without the spaces!) 
I mean, why not?  There’s no better time than right NOW!

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source



No comments:

Post a Comment