Friday, April 8, 2011

Back at 4...

What a day!  I don’t want to call it a bad day either because it definitely wasn’t that but it did have some roller coaster moments for sure.  After having an amazing run this morning, Heather called for some company on a bike ride.  I don’t have a bike but Blayne has a bike he’s trying to get rid of so the plan was to drive over to their place and steal Blayne’s bike and go on a ride with Heather.  Reality?
I got a little excited about this plan apparently.  I came home, made a quick (and super delicious) green smoothie, gulped it down, refilled my water bottle, threw the “necessities” into my camel back and ran out the door.  I forgot something.  Yes, yes I did.  I forgot my keys.  Now if I wasn’t being so “ahead of the game” by locking the door ahead of time, this would be just fine.  But I DID lock the door already.  I’m sure you all can imagine my immediate reaction..it wasn’t pretty.  But I ran up to my managers door just to find a sign saying they’d be “back at 4” - it was hardly 1.  :(
Thankfully Heather had a bike rack for the car, loaded up the bikes all by herself and came and saved me.  We biked about 4 miles, dropped the bikes back on her car, and went to Starbucks while waiting for my managers to come back.  I was so happy they were really cool about it but it sure bummed me out for a minute.
Honestly, I tried really hard to not let it get to me.  There was nothing that I could do.  It was the reality of the situation and I had to deal with it.  And that’s what I did.  I had a great morning and wasn’t going to let something like that get in my way.  I wasn’t stuck outside of the building late at night.  I was inside (and if I was outside, I can now get inside with a special code) and I had plans to hang out with a friend, and those plans didn’t stop because of what happened.  It all worked out! Whoohoo!! :)

P.S. Bethany - now you have a LOT to read....happy? 

1 comment: