Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Scalloped

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again but I don’t really consider myself someone who is the most stylish person.  I enjoy shopping but I’m relatively cheap and often can’t justify spending money on a trend that will only last a month or two and often feel like I look funny in them anyway.  (Let’s be honest, that last one is probably just a confidence issue and most people probably think I look just fine.)  I’m also not someone who generally wears shorts.  In fact, few people who know me have probably ever seen me in shorts.  I’ll wear a skirt or a dress but I find shorts to be an extremely unflattering piece of clothing that most people should never wear.  A big part of that is due to the extremely short length to which they cut women’s shorts, though this could be a topic in itself.  Also being as pale as I am, I generally don’t show off my legs since you can see every vein, scratch and bruise popping out from my glowing-white skin.  Please note, I am hardly over-reacting.
Anyway, with that said, I saw a dress online the other day (I think on another blog) and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since.  This isn’t like me.  At all.  I am a relatively simple shopper - my jeans often come from American Eagle, plain t-shirts come off the $8 rack at Target (no joke! I get compliments on these t-shirts all the time and they are super comfortable and last me.  I love them!), shoes and other clothing items often come from places like TJMaxx, Marshalls, Forever 21, H&M, and Gap.  Clearly, I’m cheap.  But I don’t go shopping very often so these just happen to be the places I stop.  And don’t get me wrong, I love these stores!  Stores like TJMaxx and Marshalls can be full of junk clothing but you can also find some real steals or at least a new bag and pair of heels!  I’m just pointing out it’s very unlike me to obsess over a fashion item, especially one that shows off my legs...
But can I show you this dress?


This dress is part of the Conscious Collection for H&M that’s dropping in stores on April 14th.  I think I need to mark my calendar... I.want.this.dress.  I don’t know where I plan to wear it and it’s more money than I like to spend (it’s $50 which I know really isn’t that much).  But it’s gorgeous and I’m obsessed. 
Friends - can we go somewhere that I can wear this please? Thank you. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment