Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Random Assortment of Information

Aries Horoscope for Tuesday 4.12.11 via Yahoo Shine:

You're about to be on the receiving end of some really wild news -- all of it positive. Expect the word to arrive from a higher-up you weren't sure had ever noticed you, and to be amazed to discover that you definitely haven't been ignored. Once that news sinks in, you may need to make a decision -- a serious, wonderful decision. Prepare yourself for a lovely bolt from the blue. Oh, and if it doesn't happen yesterday (when you wish everything would happen) be patient. It's coming.
I really hope this is true.  I can’t even tell you how much I hope this is true.  It would make me a very happy girl.  Assuming it’s true and it happens.  And yes, I know I’m not practicing the patience that it references.
In other news, this story blows my mind: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/oukoe_uk_applebees_alcohol 
How do you make that mistake?  Even if you’re busy, how do you not realize you’re putting an alcoholic beverage into a child’s cup?  If I remember correctly from however long it’s been since I went to an Applebees, don’t children have plastic cups with cartoon characters and stuff on them?  How would you not realize you’re putting a margarita in that kind of container vs a fancy glass? 
I also found this article today that I found pretty interesting: 7 Foods You Can Overdose On - http://www.myhealthnewsdaily.com/seven-good-foods-you-can-overdose-on-110201-1112/  

Some were kind of shocking, others not so much.  But can I ask, what is this? “An unusual and fatal case of water intoxication occurred in 2007 when a California women reportedly drank too much water during a ‘Hold Your Wee for a Wii’ radio station contest.”  Sometimes it amazes me the things people will do for free stuff.  I guess in theory it seemed like a harmless contest but really?!
While you all know that health and fitness are important aspects of my life, I want to work on making them even more so.  Not in the terms of a career per se, but more along the lines of expanding my knowledge and making me more of a resource to my friends, family, coworkers, etc.  Obviously music is my passion and being away from the “day to day hussle” of booking bands has been really difficult for me and I miss it.  I’m keeping my eyes out for other opportunities that I can take.  In fact I had an opportunity present itself and I was so excited at the thought of being able to take it up and the money wasn’t bad either BUT I refuse to allow my name to be next to a band or project that I don’t fully believe in or love.  It’s one thing when I’m working for someone else’s company but when I’m trying to establish my own name, I refuse and therefore I had to turn it down.  
Anyway, I’ve veered off my point.  The fact of the matter is that I enjoy exercise and eating right and making health a major part of my day to day life.  What I would like to do is work on my knowledge.  I took a nutrition class in college but I don’t remember much and I would like to brush up my skills.  I know several weight lifting exercises and stretches but I don’t necessarily think about what I’m doing but rather do the same things over again.  I want to learn some of the “science” behind what I’m doing and more variety of exercises so that I don’t get bored or so people can come to me when they get bored and ask for advice.  I’m not looking to be a personal trainer, I just want to know more about the things that I already dedicate a lot of my time and life to.  I don’t think anything is wrong with that.  Besides, people are always telling me a I need a hobby (besides going to the gym), so why can’t I make my hobby gathering and researching more information on a topic that interests me.  I’m sorry, I’m a work-a-holic, I can’t be bored and I need to keep my brain active at all times.  Such is life.  

Picture taken on my iPhone.  Picture edited on my iPhone.  Some of my best work...on my iPhone. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment