Sunday, April 17, 2011

c.r.a.n.k.y.

From Yahoo Shine Astrology.  Aries: Who says you have to be in charge of every day of your life? Let go just for today.
If you keep reaching for more people, places or things, you won't ever get enough time to enjoy what you have earned so far. Today is about taking time to establish things -- grow relationships and explore what other people are looking for in life. You just may able to help them get it -- and that sense of satisfaction is just what you need right now. You have a lot to share, a lot to teach -- and an awful lot to learn from others.
Well, this sounds rather accurate...Sometimes I hate when my horoscope is right, other times I love it, and other times it just scares me.
I spent my day yesterday rather cranky.  I tried everything I could to snap out of it but I was really struggling to let it go.  It was just one of those days when every little thing was getting under my skin and every comment was being taken too heart (like I was being overly emotional or something).  I put on my headphones and tried to just block everything out and get my work done but then someone would come into the office and I needed to help them, so I couldn’t turn the music up as loud as I would have wanted to zone out.  I spent my lunch break eating outside in the 80 degree weather. It was a gorgeous day and after eating, I moved to the bluffs, sat on the grass and looked out to the ocean while listening to music.  
...how did that not fix the cranky?!  I was tempted to go for a run on my lunch break (gym clothes were sitting in my car waiting for after work) but I knew no one would appreciate a sweaty, stinky, gross Katie returning to work, even if it meant that I was a happier person.  And despite having my workout planned for after work, my body didn’t agree with the plans.  Exhaustion was hitting me hard and my asthma decided it didn’t want to run and quickly decided it would not be running more than 1 mile and was going to give me a side cramp like I haven’t felt since I first started running two years ago.  
Cranky was getting worse and I tried turning up the music so loud I couldn’t even hear myself think, but that wasn’t working either.  I moved to the stationary bike but that was not where I wanted to be.  I didn’t have the energy to “stand up” during my cardio (aka elliptical) and knew my body didn’t have the energy to lift any weights so 40 minutes of cardio later, I was headed home.
There was to be no cooking dinner, as I was not feeling patient enough to decide what I wanted and what I had the ingredients for so I poured myself a bowl of cereal.  I set an alarm, knowing I was going to be asleep on my couch any minute but wanted to make sure I was up in time for my friend to stop by to drop something off.  After she stopped by, I planned to blog, do some yoga (hoping that would help relax me), and then get to bed - even if it was only 9pm.
...I didn’t get to any of that.  I was asleep on my couch about 20 minutes after she left and didn’t wake back up until my back started to hurt at 2:45am!  I moved to bed where I tossed and turned, woke up, fell back asleep until 7:30.  But here’s the good news, I woke up feeling MUCH better! 
Anyway, I felt like I had to share my horoscope for today because it so closely relates to the events of yesterday: “If you keep reaching for more people, places or things, you won’t ever get enough time to enjoy what you have earned so far.”
ATTN KATIE: STOP TRYING TO DO MORE ALL THE TIME AND ALLOW YOURSELF A MOMENT TO STOP AND ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE!  IT’S OKAY TO HAVE TIME TO RELAX. CONSTANTLY PUSHING FORWARD ISN’T GOING TO GET YOU ANYWHERE IF YOU DON’T STOP TO TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE AND WHERE YOU ARE AND REEVALUATE HOW TO MOVE FORWARD FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE RESULTS FOR YOU.  OH! AND IF YOU’RE CRANKY, STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND TRYING TO FIX IT.  INSTEAD, LET IT HAPPEN AND WORK IT’S WAY OUT NATURALLY.  THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT IT, THE MORE YOU’LL REMEMBER YOU’RE CRANKY AND THE LESS LIKELY YOU ARE TO ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS.  JEEZ...
I know not everyday is perfect but sometimes during those “off” days, I forget that and I let them get to me.  This is something that I’m working to improve everyday.  This is where I need to work on taking yoga with me throughout my day comes in.  Taking the calm mindset, the connection to your breath, the focus and carrying it with you.  I found this website last night and when I wasn’t sleeping, I was browsing and so far, it seems really cool: http://www.iyogalife.com
And I leave you with this note:  Choose Happiness





No comments:

Post a Comment