Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day 2011

Happy Earth Day Party People!


While I find living a healthy lifestyle to also include being generally environmentally conscious, I’m not anyone who runs around preaching their “green” habits or forcing others to be green.  We all have our own ways of doing things and while I think some people need to be more aware of the footprint they are making on this world, I think sometimes people need to stop and see that some people are doing what they can.
I don’t have a large bank account to afford all organic food; I do try to eat what I can and living a vegetarian lifestyle that is easier on some levels.
I don’t live close enough to work to be able to bike, walk, run, etc; I do now have a bike so once I get it checked out / repaired, I will feel more comfortable using it to bike to the gym, grocery store or on other short trips in my neighborhood (and surrounding neighborhoods when I’m ready).
I have re-usable grocery bags that while I don’t remember every time I make a trip to the grocery store, they do come with me 90% of the time.
I re-use the paper bags from Trader Joe’s to hold my recyclables and the plastic bags from Target and other grocery stores as liners for my small trash cans.  I say that’s pretty good use of something that would otherwise go to waste.
I have several coffee tumblers and mugs and I’m not great about bringing those with me everyday, I’m working on making a habit of that and not only saving 10 cents off my coffee, avoiding use of another cup!
Speaking of coffee...if you bring a re-usable tumbler to Starbucks tomorrow, you get a free cup of coffee!  And if you don’t have one, you can get a discount on the purchase of one, plus your free cup of coffee!  Guess who will definitely be remembering her coffee mug today?
It’s the little things people.  You don’t need to go totally crazy.  You can and if you can, that’s great for you, but not everyone can do that.  And I’m standing in front of you right now, telling you that’s okay and I understand.
Now grab your coffee mug, hit up Starbucks for that free cup, take your re-usable bags with you to the grocery store and just be conscious of your actions.  That’s all anyone can ask of you.
Happy Earth Day!

LOVE this Earth Day Google Logo

This made me laugh 




No comments:

Post a Comment