Sunday, October 23, 2011

You Are Beautiful


Beauty: a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form that please the aesthetic sense, especially the sight; a combination of qualities that please the intellect or moral sense.
Source

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
And at the end of the day, we all just want to feel beautiful - on the inside and out.


As I was at the gym the other day, I went to put my purse in a locker and this sticker inside the locker caught my eye.  While I know this sticker is old, I love the whole idea of Dove’s Campaign for Real Beauty and their consistent work to improve self esteem in young girls.  But even as we get older we need just as much of a reminder that we are beautiful as we are, as we needed when we were younger.  Sometimes, I feel like I need that reminder more now.
When I’m good about what I eat, getting adequate sleep and exercise, and don’t completely overwork myself, those tend to be the weeks when I feel the most beautiful.  In fact earlier this week I even tweeted how I felt pretty.  And quite honestly, I had a few days this week where I could have repeated that tweet.  Do you know how good that feels?



I know I won’t feel this way every day of every week, but I’m going to hold onto this feeling for as long as I can and I hope you do the same.  Go to bed a bit earlier tonight. Wash the makeup off your face.  Buy a new shirt or pair of shoes.  Whatever will make you feel beautiful in your already beautiful skin.  Because y’know what?  
You are beautiful.


What makes you feel beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment