Saturday, October 22, 2011

Productivity at its Finest


When I came home from work last night in pretty severe pain, I knew I’d be spending my evening taking it easy either on the couch or in bed.  Knowing I had a fairly long to-do list I’ve been avoiding, I figured I’d be able to tackle it then.
Wrong.
I did nothing.  I took meds and read Harry Potter.  And when I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer (even though it was only 8PM), I decided to go to bed.  I knew it was probably best anyway.
With having today off from work, I knew I needed to make up for being so busy and then wanting to be lazy when I have those few free minutes.  And productive I was.  And boy did it feel good.  While I’ve been on the internet (as some of my to-do list is revolved around internet related tasks), I tried to cut myself off from the world (no chats, few texts, few updates) and just get my work done.



Can I tell you how good it feels?  I love productive days.
One of the things on my list today was to move the furniture in my room just slightly.  I generally don’t like to have my desk against the wall but I didn’t have a place to comfortably do yoga in my room and that wasn’t working so well for me.  Hopefully this slight change will help my focus when I’m at my desk and have things to do.



There’s still so much I want to do but I’m happy with what I was able to accomplish and looking forward to picking up where I left off on Monday.
Hope you’re all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment