Monday, October 10, 2011

I.AM.STRONG.


I know you never doubted me (ha!) but sometimes it’s hard to remind ourselves that we are strong.  Especially when standing in Warrior III or Eagle Pose.
Warrior III: Source
Eagle Pose: Source

Balancing poses have never been my strength and that’s something I know and have come to accept.  It’s also one of the things that makes attending different classes more challenging.  (Gigi has great classes - clearly my favorite - and there’s a great variety of balancing and standing poses, yet you’re still being challenged.)
Tonight’s class with Chani was heavy on balancing and tonight that was perfect!  I always know I’m going to get my shakes and sweat on - and it’s awesome.  But as I was finding myself wobbling (especially when my focus drifted to making sure the wobblers next to me weren’t going to topple onto me), I found myself chanting “i.am.strong.i.am.strong.” over and over in my head.
Did I still fall?  Sometimes.  But the difference was that even when I did, I didn’t get down on myself.  These poses aren’t easy and some days, depending on our current circumstance and influence, they’re harder.  And today, they were harder for me.  
But at the end of the day, as I lay my head on my pillow to fall asleep, I know one thing:
I.AM.STRONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment