Thursday, October 27, 2011

Just an update


I’m going to make this quick tonight because I’m tired and in pretty severe pain but I thought I should give you an update:
-Yesterday was my core bro Blayne’s birthday - Happy Birthday!  We went to the Culver Hotel to celebrate.
-I love my job and I’m not one of those people who needs Saturday and Sundays off (everyone else does so they’re just in my way when doing errands) so that aspect of retail doesn’t really get to me.  What does make things difficult is that whole holidays thing.  It just adds another layer of complication, but I’m trying to figure it out.
-I’m very much in the mood to purchase a bunch of pumpkins, gourds and different kinds of squash at the Farmer’s Market.  I’m intimidated by cooking pumpkin and squash, but just thinking about it makes me hungry.  At least for now I’m stocking up on cans of pumpkin and stirring it into anything that seems remotely like a good idea (yogurt, smoothie, oatmeal, overnight oats, pancakes...I could keep going).
-I finished Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire a few nights ago.  Tonight I watched the movie.  I like the book much better.
-I checked out Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix at the library a couple days ago.  I have yet to start it, but rest assured, it’s on the agenda.
-I’ve been rather productive and I’m looking forward to what’s to come on a few different things.
-When you have a bad day, do whatever you have to do to make it better.  After a long, hard day a couple days ago, I chose buying myself a new kind of tea and a bouquet of flowers.
Have I mentioned how much I love the camera on my new phone?  (There was no editing or filter, just a flash!)

That’s all.  I like my sleep.  And since I’m a happier, more productive and overall better person when I’m rested, I’m off to bed.  G’night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment