Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finding Your Inspiration


Some people would call me crazy.  I had a job in the music industry that I really did enjoy but I chose to leave.  The company was awesome, my bosses and coworker were awesome and our clients were awesome.  So why would I leave?
To this day, I’m not sure anyone at the company truly understands how difficult of a decision it was for me to leave.  But it was something that I had to do.  I was feeling myself burning out quickly between working at Apple and managing bands.  I knew that if I kept at the same pace I was going, it wasn’t going to be pretty.  So I had to make a decision.  A decision that to this day, I have not regretted despite losing The Lumineers only a few months after.
The thought was to have one job that could pay my bills while pursuing my ultimate career goal - managing bands.  After losing The Lumineers in March, I’ve had to pull myself out of that heartache and get back on my feet ready to move forward.  And several times I’ve fallen over realizing I wasn’t yet ready to make that move, despite thinking I could.
I realize sometimes it’s not a matter of being ready but finding the right inspiration to keep you pushing through the negative thoughts that begin to fill your mind when times are tough.  And maybe it’s about finding your “partner in crime” instead of pushing at it alone.  Who wants to go about anything tough all by themselves?  And I’m not talking about my future husband, that will come in time.  I’m talking about finding my business partner!  It’s going to happen.  You watch and see.
I’m feeling the inspiration beginning to flow through my body again and as I drank my coffee this morning, I let it start taking affect as I begin the process of moving my blog to my own domain.  It’s not ready, so don’t leave me here just yet but if you want a sneak peak....
I’m off to RUN! 

Source


No comments:

Post a Comment