Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Photo of Your Favorite Place to Eat - Day 10

This topic is rather boring to me.  I do consider myself a bit of a foodie but I’m also super cheap and don’t allow myself to go out and eat that often because I’d rather save the money.  I’d have to say since moving to LA though, I do eat out more often especially since at my last job we went out for lunch everyday.  There were two places that were almost always on the top of my list for lunch - Bay Cities Italian Deli and Tacos Por Favor.
Apparently when I started working at GPS, they had recently been introduced to Tacos but it was quickly a weekly stop for lunch.  It’s a very hole-in-the-wall, what appears kind of sketchy place, but the food is delicious!  It’s very much a popular lunch spot and there’s often lines to the door during the lunch hours of people waiting to get their tacos and burritos.  I always ordered a veggie burrito, always! 


Another favorite is Bay Cities Italian Deli.  When GPS moved offices, it was a lifesaver because we longer needed to sit in the Bay Cities traffic line just to get into the too small parking lot, but instead we could just walk.  It’s one of those places that you need to plan ahead that it’s going to be your lunch because it takes 45-60 mins for them to prepare your order due to high demand.  You place your order online and then drive to go pick it up.   There’s also a “walk-in” deli but why would you put yourself through that torture when you can just quickly make your order online and go in and pick it up?  That was another weekly habit and since leaving GPS, I haven’t had it! :(

Anyway, today is my day off and I’m trying to get motivated to do something.  I will be hitting the gym but since I couldn’t get out of bed until 9:30 and yesterday the gym was packed at 9:30 (why?!), I decided to start off with my breakfast and coffee first.  There’s a meeting at work tonight but other than that, it’s just a day to get errands and band work done.  I also have a to-do list of things to do around the apartment, but it’s not sounding particularly enticing.  
Also, while I love snow and sometimes feel rather neutral about LA, with the crazy winter weather that has been going on back home in IL and out east in NY, I can’t tell you how happy I am to be here right now.  I’m sorry for all of my family and friends who are stuck inside or trying to dig themselves out of their homes, look on the bright side - you get a SNOW DAY! :)
I know a lot of people who have been moving lately and I’m getting a little jealous.  While I initially really liked my studio, I’m over it.  I’m over feeling like I have to tip-toe around management because their have been so many problems since I moved in, they’re sick of dealing with me (and honestly, I’m sick of dealing with them too).  I also feel like I’m having trouble finding the best flow for the space that I have.  I loved my studio in Boston and while my current space is larger, the layout isn’t working as well for me.  I think it’s also difficult to go back from having LARGE 1 bedroom apartments in NYC suburbs to a space for all of your stuff that is about 1/3 the size.  This place is quite a bit cheaper than the ones I had before, but when it comes time to move, I have some serious thinking and money crunching to do.  Until then, I really want to find ways to organize this space, but that also doesn’t make much sense to me when the organizational needs may change in about 2 months...

Oh well, that's enough from me for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment