Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Photo of You and Your Family - Day 17

Would you believe I don’t actually have that many photos of my family on my computer? The ones that I do have are older and from when I made my sister a photo book before she joined the Peace Corps.  I wanted to make sure she had plenty of pictures (new and old) to remember all of us and share with the people that she met.  Sometimes older pictures are fun and there’s no rule saying I had to use a current picture (aside from the fact that my parents, sister and I are hardly in one place at the same time more than a day or two a year - if that!) so photo ops don’t really occur that often.  And, let’s be honest, I’m pretty terrible at remembering to take pictures...oops!  Anyway, here are a few for your eyes to enjoy! :)

This picture is old and kind of awful, but possibly the only picture I have in iPhoto of the 4 of us together.
We're crazy.  What can I say? :)

My aunt and cousins from Missouri (minus one who was probably off playing) and my Grandma’s sister.

Can you say SUPER old?! This is from my high school graduation.  It looks sunny now but a few hours later, mid (outdoor) ceremony, it started to downpour!

My aunt and cousins came up from Texas for a visit and one of my dad’s other sisters and his brother came over.  It was a photo op that doesn’t happen to often.  Beth wasn’t around so Dad Photoshopped her in...kinda. 

My sister and I at her going away party with the super awesome cake I made of Africa.
I checked Facebook this morning and this was at the top: http://barbarapartment.com/video/2011/02/09/the-lumineers-ho-hey-round-2-2/
 (It's a video - it's okay to click the link!)
All I have to say is that I love my job.  :)

I’m currently in this “purging” stage.  I’m trying to rid my apartment of things that I don’t need and don’t use.  Rid my closets of clothes that don’t fit or that I don’t wear.  Rid my life of people who create a negative atmosphere or make me feel bad about myself.  As part of this, I’m going through old magazines that I’ve been holding onto.  I always save a magazine for an article, recipe, etc that caught my eye on first glance but let’s be honest, we never go back and read it or make the recipe.  Instead, we forget why we saved that magazine in the first place.  My new thing has been to one by one take these old magazines to the gym with me.  If there’s something I want to hold onto, I fold the page over, rip it out when I get home, and recycle the magazine.  It’s been fun.  Last night I was ripping out some of the folded over pages in a copy of ‘Real Simple.’  I always forget the magazine starts with a quote, sometimes just something fun but often something to inspire you, or get your brain thinking.  Today, I want to leave you with this quote that caught my eye and I had to set aside:
“I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past” - Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to John Adams (August 1, 1816)

1 comment:

  1. Has some love of the presidents rubbed off on you? Thanks for the stroll down memory lane even if it is part of the past! I love history too but I know what you mean about the dreams of the future. Dream on!

    ReplyDelete