Sunday, January 30, 2011

Your Dream Wedding - Day 7

I don’t think I like this topic.  I was never one of those girls who spent her childhood dreaming up her perfect wedding because truth be told, it’s more about the person you’re sharing the day with, than it is about the event.  That’s not to say that when I get married (assuming I find that person and get married) I won’t want a beautiful wedding, because I do but I could dream something up right now that I could blow out the door the moment that I meet that right person and he gets down on one knee and puts a ring on my finger.  
This is a blogging challenge for a reason though.  It’s an opportunity to get myself in the habit of writing everyday while at the same time, supplying me with a list of topics that I wouldn’t otherwise choose to write about, some easy and quick, others more of a challenge.  I’m sure this topic wasn’t meant to be a challenge but for me it’s shaping up to be that way.  Anyway, enough procrastinating...
-I want an outdoor wedding.  I used to think I wanted to get married on the beach, this still might be true, not sure yet.
-My dress will be white white.  Not off-white.  Not cream-white. White white.  Not sure of the style I’d be looking at.  Definitely something fitted up top and probably strapless.
-Bridesmaids most likely in black with bright red heels (most likely, I would also be in bright red heels!)
-The boys would have bright red ties, the same color as the shoes.
-Flowers would be a mix of reds, yellows and oranges.  I like the “pop” of color.  (I’m sure my family and close friends are surprised that I didn’t specify ‘yellow roses’ as those were my favorite flower growing up.  I think I’m moving away from them.  I think I got maxed out on yellow roses..maybe not, not sure.  I’ll let you know if I figure out my new favorite flower.)
-This sounds like a fall wedding, so I guess it would most likely occur in the fall.
and most importantly....
-I’d be surrounded by friends and family as excited about the day as I would be, and of course, the groom that I would be very excited to spend the rest of my life with.
Now to work on finding the groom...Good thing I’m in no rush! :)
my sister and I before my friends Sarah’s wedding a few years ago.

1 comment: