Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Day of Food

While I don’t intend on making this blog strictly a food blog, I am a bit of a foodie and love to read food blogs so I thought documenting a day of food would be fun.  I have to say it was fun, but it’s also a different mind set (remembering to take a picture before you eat) and sometimes a little weird (friends looking at you like WHY are you taking a picture of your yogurt?).  I also often have people tell me how much they admire how I eat as I try to eat relatively healthy.  Now people, don’t be fooled.  I DO try very hard to eat healthy, but I also have my major slip-ups or over-indulgences.  No really, I threw cookies and ice cream away last week because I was having trouble keeping my paws off them... I also have a major sweet tooth that makes eating healthy a challenge at times, but as we all know it’s about eating everything in moderation.  I’m in the process of trying to get my sweet tooth under control by drinking more tea with soy milk, especially at night when the sugar cravings hit hardest.  Wish me luck.  
Anyway, here is what went into my belly yesterday:
My breakfast almost every morning - whole grain toast with peanut butter and 1/2 a mashed banana along side coffee with soy milk (coffee x2!)

I was meeting a friend for a late lunch in Santa Monica but after the gym I was STARVING!  A small container of Chobani blueberry greek yogurt with some granola was perfect!


We went to this restaurant by the promenade in Santa Monica called Real Food Daily (RFD - http://www.realfood.com/).  It’s organic and vegan food and super delicious!  I got the “Living Wrap” - red pepper, sunflower spread, cucumbers, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, salad greens, citrus herb dressing, collard greens.  This was a little pricier than I usually aim for lunch (I spent $14 total), but it was delicious and I was in great company.  I will definitely come back, it just can’t be a frequent stop or my budget will hate me even more!


We walked around for a bit and then headed over to watch the sunset...look at that view!  It was just beautiful!


It’s not often I make myself a dinner that takes a lot of preparation, though I do enjoy cooking!  I have a lot of recipes that I want to try and I decided to pull one out last night.  I made some changes due to ingredients that I had or didn’t have, but this was a delicious Tai inspired noodle bowl with black tea and soy milk to drink.


Last night was also one of those nights when I gave in to my sweet tooth.  Or rather I had a friend tempt my sweet tooth, so we took a trip over to Yogurtland for some frozen yogurt.  I tried to keep my bowl small and under $3.00 - it was $2.46 - yay!!


What a delicious day!  Now I’m off to finish up the last bit of coffee and meet a friend for a fun hike in the sun! 

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! It's a little chilly for frozen yogurt around here though. Do they have hot chocolate in California? :)

    ReplyDelete