Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'll pass on the green beer this year...

Call me crazy, but I don’t really feel like celebrating St. Patty’s day this year.  It doesn’t really feel like it.  I mean let’s be honest for a moment, I’m not a crazy partier, so it’s not like I feel like this is my night to go crazy...because it’s not.  I’ve gone out for St. Patty’s day before (and I’m sure I will again) but I generally go to hang out with my friends.  I have to work bright and early Friday morning so if I went out it would consist of waiting in line, having time (maybe) for one drink and then needing to leave.  I’d rather not go through that just to be super exhausted Friday morning. 
My friend Heather is off work at 9 tonight, so instead I’ll go to her place, have a glass of champagne (maybe we’ll drop in a little food coloring), hang out and I can still come home and get some rest before work.  Sounds perfect to me. :)
Besides, St Patrick’s day is weird in LA.  I loved being in Boston for it because even though I was never old enough to go out while I was there, there was a spirit in the air on St Patty’s day.  I’d walk to class at 9AM and there were lines outside of the pubs already.  It was hilarious and awesome to witness.
Anyway, I am slightly Irish, so I guess I should be partaking in some sort of activity huh?  Well I don’t eat meat, so that’s out of the question.  I already said I’m voting out of the green beer, so that’s out.  But what I can do, is try to hunt down some IRISH SODA BREAD!! Mmmm....I think we found ourselves a winner!!  I’m hoping the grocery stores stocked up so that when I walk in post-workout, there’s still some waiting for me.  It might be the only thing I think butter tastes good on (yes, I don’t like butter but we can save that conversation for another day).  
I would also like to start learning to make my own bread (!!).  I’m not sure if I want to do this via bread machine (where would I put one?) or on my own.  Let’s be honest, I’m not sure I have the patience for kneading and making my own bread; I get antsy waiting for the 20 mins to go by for my Trader Joe’s whole wheat pizza dough to set... But, either way, I just think that sounds delicious and fun, and can you imagine how yummy I could make my little apartment smell? AND I COULD MAKE MY OWN IRISH SODA BREAD!!! Mmmmm....


No comments:

Post a Comment