Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sometimes you need a reminder...


It’s been one of those weeks where all the little things are getting to me, no matter how hard I try to push past them.  While it has been a harder and more stressful week at work and there are a few health related things also playing into it, I should still be able to breathe through it all.  And for some reason I haven’t been able to.
But today seems to be a day of realizations:
I woke up this morning realizing a pattern in my life with the so-called “nice” guys.  They aren’t really nice; they are just too chicken to look you in the eyes and tell you the truth.
I also realized I like to run.  And I don’t just mean physically run but more I like to run away from my problems or stress.  It’s a way that I’ve learned to deal with things.  There are many reasons why I made my move to LA, but as part of my morning realization, I also found myself admitting I ran away to LA.
This evening I realized I’m not taking care of myself.  I’m allowing my lazy exhaustion to get the best of me and therefore not eat the way I prefer, making my body feel heavier and my wallet feel lighter. (Making your lunches really is cheaper and healthier, even when choosing the healthy food options when eating out).  I’m not making sure I’m getting my adrenaline flowing at my usual amount with the right weight-lifting, cardio, and yoga balance.  I’m not giving myself enough time to just sit down, breathe and relax.  And I’m not spending enough time surrounded by my friends.
This needs to change.  It’s a crazy few weeks at work and life in general but I need to make time for myself and my needs before I drive myself into the ground and go crazy.
So what does this mean?  Why am I choosing to share all of this?
Because sometimes we need a reminder to PUT YOURSELF FIRST!
And how did I start doing that today?  Well, I found out it was International Chocolate Day and I made sure I ate a few pieces of dark chocolate.  I deserved it and I needed to celebrate. 
And now, I’m off to finish laundry and hit the hay nice and early. 



Source


No comments:

Post a Comment