Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Foodie for a Day Wednesday - The Cold Addition

Can you believe it’s the last day of August? I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around how fast this summer has gone by; it’s crazy! 


Today I’m keeping it easy as I’ve been overtaken by a cold. I went into work at 6 this morning but as I was getting ready, let’s just say, it wasn’t pretty. Things calmed down and the flem seemed to be sitting until I went to yoga and sent it moving with some Bhastrika breath. I thought I was going to go into a coughing fit right in the middle of class. I actually had to get up and leave at one point. More water and coughing without feeling like I was disturbing everyone else. 


I had plans to start working with Gigi Yogini today after class but due to the nature of my being, we decided to put it off until Friday. I made a stop at Trader Joes for some foods to make a sick lady feel better: LOTS of juice with Vitamin C, Organic Veggie Soup (well I went for a Lentil Veggie soup - so good!), and I splurged on some Powerberries (dark chocolate covered fruit juice pieces made with acai, pomegranate, cranberry and blueberry juices - and they say “an excellent source of vitamin c.”) 




It’s possible I was starving when I was at the grocery store and craving chocolate. ;) 


But a can of soup and half a bottle of juice later and I sure hope I’m on my way to recovery. My lunch break tomorrow will consist of a trip to Whole Foods to pick up a Gigi Yogini recommendation to beat this cold. Sure hope it works! 


And with that, I’m back to bed to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment