Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Foodie for a Day - A Home-Cooked Meal

I think most people will agree with me that there is nothing like a home-cooked meal when you go home to your family.


Every time I come through town, my parents always ask if we have any requests.  My answers are always the same, depending on the season of course.  With it being summer, I knew I wanted my dad to grill shrimp + veggies.  This meal never fails!







White sticky rice, grilled shrimp, grilled zucchini, cherries, blueberries and Bee Sap juice my sister brought from Africa.


YUM!


And just to top off the whole meal, my mom made her famous Strawberry Shortcake.  






...okay, so it isn't actually famous but it's delicious and a reason to bring out the fake Cool Whip and indulge.


What a delicious dinner!  Sorry for making your mouths water... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment