Saturday, June 18, 2011

When the going gets tough...

...the tough go to bed?!
Who doesn’t want to fall asleep to Bon Iver and then start their day with more Bon Iver?  All I know is it sounds amazing to me and is exactly what I’ve been doing.  (I told you I was obsessed!)
I ended up canceling my plans for last night and going to bed rather early as I was not feeling well.  I woke up still not feeling great.  It’s the downfall of working in retail and around so many people - germs!  I don’t even work on the floor anymore but it’s like once something hits one person in the store, it spreads like a wildfire!  I’m not completely taken down by whatever this is, it seems to just be in this little cold stage.  I hope this is as bad as it gets because I’m ready to be over it already.  I’d been feeling a a little off all week (waking up stuffy, feeling extra tired and lazy, etc) but thought maybe it was allergies.  Nope, it’s a cold.  And skipping my plans while upsetting, I know it was best to just get some extra rest and not push it.
Now with my day off today, I hope to continue relaxing and resting so I can get back to my usual self and gain strength and energy to prepare for this move!
I’m so excited the new roommate and I got the apartment we wanted!  We go to sign our lives away + lose our entire savings on Monday.  Okay, so that might be a bit of an over-statement but you know what I mean. ;)  Then locks get changed and we’ll be allowed to start moving in a bit early (free of charge!).  While I have until mid-July, I’m definitely planning to start moving things in early.  I plan to get all nerdy and map out my room just like I did with this apartment for the best possible layout and organization.  I’m already excited to get settled in and optimistic about the changes ahead.
Now I just need to figure out this thing called money...I’m going to be saving about $100/month on rent plus all of my utilities will be split, which will help quite a bit.  But I hate the feeling of living paycheck to paycheck and I’m over asking my ‘rents for help.  Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the help and their support and willingness, but I don’t feel like I should still need it.  I feel like I need to find a way to stand on my own two feet now and allow them to use their money for themselves or to fly me home to visit them. ;)
So this brings me back to my daily internal brainstorming session: How can I supplement my income?  Even just a little bit without driving myself into the ground?  I’d gladly welcome your ideas and advice...

Source


No comments:

Post a Comment