Sunday, June 5, 2011

One Sentence. (Well technically there's more...)

Nothing can beat a good, strong friendship.
I wish I could explain it better in one sentence, but why make something wordier when it doesn’t actually need to be?
There was a level of feeling a bit bummed yesterday afternoon.  And a part of me is hesitant to even mention it for a fear and of not wanting to hurt anyone’s feelings as I know my reaction was more emotional than was possibly even necessary, but the truth was that it happened.  So when I received a phone call to hang out with Tracey one-on-one this evening for some frozen yogurt, I jumped at the chance.  I went to the gym for about 30 minutes but wasn’t actually feeling into the exercise.  It was one of those days where I felt like I was going through the motions of hitting the gym, as opposed to having a strong desire and urge to go.  (Yes, unlike most people, I generally WANT to go and CRAVE a good workout).  But today wasn’t going to be the day.  Needless to say, I had no trouble cutting the workout short, making a quick dinner and heading down to Redondo Beach to steal Tracey away from everyone else for a couple hours of best friend bonding time.  And that’s exactly what it was.
I needed this tonight.  Thanks Tracey!

An oldie but a goodie. And one of my favorite pictures of the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment