Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Foodie for a Day Wednesday

I.am.so.tired.
No joke.  I definitely pushed my body and mind quite a bit today, so I’m not surprised but I still feel like there is a lot to do.
Anyway, my favorite meal of the day (by FAR) is breakfast!  Maybe it’s the fact that it’s the first meal of the day; maybe it’s the coffee; maybe it’s the relaxing, slightly groggy feeling that you begin with and the more energized feeling that comes after as it gives you that first bit of energy for the day; or maybe it’s the food!
my morning ritual: coffee, breakfast, music + blog reading


Let’s be honest, it’s probably the food as I love most breakfast items!  I wish I could say all but as a vegetarian I don’t eat (and I don’t like) bacon or sausage, eggs make my stomach hurt, and while the thought of a donut sounds like a delicious sugar rush, it never tastes as good as I want it to, and therefore never feels worth the calories, fat and guilt that may come along with it.  On occasion and in small doses, there are always exceptions to the rule (like some Krispy Kremes).  
But despite my love for most other breakfast-y foods (ie: french toast, pancakes, cereal, toast, yogurt, oatmeal, etc), I generally eat the same breakfast every.single.day.  If you’ve been reading this blog for any of my “what I ate” posts, you’ve probably seen my breakfast stay the same: whole grain Ezekiel toast with some kind of peanut butter and 1/2 smashed banana alongside a cup of hot coffee w/ warmed soy milk.  Mmmm...it makes me excited for tomorrow morning just thinking about it!
Anyway, with a love of all things breakfast, it means breakfast foods need to make an appearance at other points in the day - and who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?  Well that’s exactly what happened one night last week! 
I used my favorite pancake mix, Kodiak Cakes (whole wheat, oat & honey), topped with peanut butter, banana, a drizzle of syrup and (because I was feeling a bit dangerous) a few chocolate chips.  YUM! 
Kodiak Cakes pancake mix




Now, I’m off to have a date with my Physiology & Anatomy text book....and it didn’t bring me flowers - how rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment