Thursday, July 7, 2011

Times are a changin

Sometimes working around technology all the time can be dangerous.  It makes you want the most up-to date technology all the time, whether that be software or hardware.  Basically, it makes you always want the best, whenever you can get your hands on it.  For me, this includes blogging.
I knew coming into it that Blogger would probably only be a temporary platform for me to host Talk Less, Say More but I didn’t expect to feel like I was growing out of it so soon.  It’s been good to me but at the same time, I’m ready to move on to bigger and better things.  And I’m ready to have more control over the look and feel of my blog, as well as it’s functionality.  I want there to be more pages and features.  I want there to be more commenting options (and for my poor mom to actually be able to comment when she wants - I still have yet to figure out why Blogger won’t let her suddenly when my preferences show that anyone can).  I want to reply to your comments on occasion (I don’t think Blogger can do this?).  I want to make my blog be a complete reflection of me - not just through my words but through the look and feel.  I want complete control.
I know I have numerous options with Blogger and maybe I’m not playing around enough.  And maybe everything that I want is too much for my blog right now and that’s okay but I want to feel like I’m taking a step in the right direction to achieving that complete (or nearly complete) control.  
So with that, I welcome your thoughts, opinions and advice for a new platform?  I also welcome your experience if you’ve found a way to achieve all of these things (and more!) in Blogger that I have yet to.  Be ready for change everyone!
...speaking of change - I changed the background on my Gmail account to trees and the green-nature just brings a smile to my face.  It’s the little things people...

No comments:

Post a Comment