Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Holidays in LA just never feel the same, especially since my family likes to gather everyone together for every holiday.  Plus when you add in the lack of weather changing in LA, holidays never seem like they’re falling when you expect them.  But despite that, I do my best to try and make each holiday count and mean something (when I can).
The 4th of July I know, usually takes place the day before the 4th or whenever my town would decide to have the parade and fireworks.  My entire extended family + some family friends would gather at my Grandma and Uncle’s house to watch the parade (it went right past their house) and then we would have a big picnic in the backyard once it ended.  This is a major tradition in my family that’s been going on longer than I’ve been alive (I think).  But it’s fun and brings back great memories!
This year the 4th meant working from 8-5, having my lunch on the bluffs overlooking the ocean and then coming home.  Not really sure if I’ll do anything with my evening except pack up some stuff and study.
I’m currently enjoying an Illuminations Fireworks show from Epcot that was posted on Youtube to get in my fulfillment of holiday fireworks.  And just in case anyone else out there didn’t get their yearly dose, I’m going to share it with you as well.


Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment