Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Apology from a Foodie

Let me start by apologizing for my delay and lack of posts these past couple of weeks.  With school and some crazy stuff at work leading to 10-12 hour days, I come home mentally and physically exhausted so I pour myself a bowl of cereal for dinner and go to bed.  If I have even a bit of energy, I try to do some studying.
Today was another one of those days.  I generally have Wednesday’s off but some scheduling things required me to work today.  It’s sad because I miss my favorite yoga class but I guess I’ll feel better about it come paycheck time.  But man, I’m realizing how burnt out I am and how much I just need a “normal” week to refresh and recharge myself.
I went to see The Lumineers play at Hotel Cafe last night and the show was good and the crowd was definitely into it, but as you can imagine, there’s a bit of awkwardness, as well as hurt feelings on my part.  They are amazing musicians and despite it all, still people I consider friends, so it was good to see them for sure but it definitely made for a bit of an emotional roller coaster on my part, especially as I was driving home.
So with everything, I decided I had earned to buy myself lunch today.  So I did!  And I went to one of my favorite places around work to grab a sandwich - Bay Cities Italian Deli!  I’m sure I’ve written about Bay Cities before, but it is quite the happenin’ spot come lunch time on the West Side and I’m thankful I work close enough to walk there and back on my lunch break because parking is a nightmare!
Anyway, I got my usual “Veggies Only” sandwich, which has cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, pickles, black olives, and avocado spread on the best Italian loaf you could ever taste! Mmm, Mmm....


If you ever find yourself on the West Side of LA (particularly in Santa Monica), log yourself onto baycitiesitaliandeli.com and place a sandwich for yourself.  You surely would not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment